Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome back, Space Cowboy!


I haven't spent nearly as much time as I'd have liked playing the games I discussed in my previous post. Bastion I was able to dip my toe into and I've waded into Age of Empires Online. I haven't even gotten started on From Dust at all yet, but I have a mostly free weekend to indulge so everything should be in its right place shortly.

At any rate, there's still stuff to talk about. There's the aforementioned which I'll get to in a bit but there's also a great deal of noise flying around regarding an upcoming release from those masters of cash shop shovelware (thanks, Joe), NCsoft. The game is called Wildstar and sports a suitably spiffy trailer which admittedly made my jaw drop. Then I watched gameplay video and couldn't help but shake the feeling that this is stuff I've seen before. Stuff I've BEEN seeing before. For seven years. From Blizzard.

I'm rolling as a pair of goggles.



More after the break, you dolts!


Yeah, it appears as though there have been incremental advances to the gameplay and I know that, inherently, there's nothing wrong with standing on the shoulders of giants. I get it. What I don't get is the fawning admiration and anticipation over a title when seemingly the best explanation for its sudden appeal is, “Yeah but space. And cowboys.”

Space and cowboys are REALLY cool. They also look like a gimmick. It's early days, yet. Maybe Wildstar will end up being really radtacular. I'm hoping it does! I'm not going to hold my breath just yet and would like to caution everyone into adopting a wait-and-see approach.

Age of Empires Online is probably the one title out of the two I've played this week I can give any sort of informed opinion on. It's certainly...Age of Empires with MMO elements. Instanced RTS quests, persistent gear upgrades, cosmetic stuff...and a chat window! While I'm not entirely convinced this is something I'm on board with, I nevertheless have had no small difficulty putting the game down in my free time. I think that means it's good so far.

Bastion. I feel like I've only scratched the surface here and even so I have no problem endorsing the game. Buy it and love it. $15 for the latest entry into the great Video Games as Art debate only it feels like it offers way more actual GAME than Braid or LIMBO managed. If you don't like this game, I have serious doubts about your ability to connect to a human being on any level. No offense.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, the personal feeling good equipment has nothing to do with the IP address, but certainly with a lucky swap rate room. I believe also found some room mobs basically can not afford to Gold Elite out of 63 are rarely out of 63 of some of the rooms elite more often off mobs Gold, so I personally feel the so-called "Good Luck Room" still exist.d3 gold
    So how quickly confirm now playing room is not luck Room. Some people like to see the IP, I think is not true, because I have some time concerned about the IP address of the room, I found the same IP segment, back and forth a few times out equipment quality is very good diablo 3 gold and the bad feeling. Also have been to several so-called bully room, such as IP72, 74, 76 and the like, never out of legend. I personally later deny with IP confirmation luck room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bastion. Ich fühle mich wie ich nur die Oberfläche hier habe verkratzt und auch so habe ich kein Problem Billigung des Spiels. Kaufen und liebe es. $ 15 für den neuesten Eintrag in die großen Videospiele als Kunst Debatte nur fühlt es sich viel mehr tatsächliche GAME als Braid oder LIMBO verwaltet bietet. Wenn du es nicht magst dieses Spiel habe ich ernsthafte Zweifel an Ihrer Fähigkeit, sich an ein menschliches Wesen auf jeder Ebene zu verbinden. Nichts für ungut.http://www.offergamer.com/
    wow gold

    ReplyDelete