Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Have You ever Danced with the Diggle in the Pale Moonlight?

No, I'm not too ashamed to pick up where I left off as if I hadn't neglected to update the blog in half a year. In short, I left World of Warcraft again because...well...World of Warcraft. I could describe in great detail the trevails of the intervening period between then and now but what sort of fun would that be? 

I've made a habit of picking up and talking about games that had already been out for awhile. This is largely due to the fact that these games end up becoming incredibly reasonably priced (or a downright steal if Steam is having a tremendous sale) and my day job doesn't exactly pay a great deal.

I'm not going to lie – I will still practice this behavior going forward. However, this week is one I've been looking forward to for awhile. Today sees the launch of two games I'd been keeping tabs on for some time: Bastion, making it's debut on PC after showing up on XBLA a month ago, and Age of Empires Online, the...well...you know. Age of Empires. Online. Tomorrow, From Dust hits Steam after trolling aimlessly around XBLA for a month as well. From Dust is a “spiritual successor to Populous” from “that dude that made Out of This World.” The price for this game could be several hundred dollars and I would buy it. Luckily for me, it's actually only fifteen bucks.

Thanks. Now. Should I be offended? Oh! I know! More like offenDEAD!

Oh! Dungeons of Dredmor!


Click "Read more", dudes (and dudettes)!




Last month, the Rogue-like Dungeons of Dredmor was released for both PC and Mac. I hate using the term Rogue-like. I'm old enough to know what it means but the type of game it describes is such a throwback and nowhere near popular enough to have any real meaning to the vast majority of younger gamers in the world. Anyway, Dungeons of Dredmor is a game where you find yourself deposited in a dungeon with very little in the way of story telling you why and you're expected to reach the very bottom where you will then hopefully slay the dungeon's owner, a particularly unpleasant fellow going by the name Dredmor.

Gameplay is very simplistic. You get a view of the proceedings from above it all and direct your character to move along the four cardinal directions and you beat up – or get beat up yourself – by the hundreds upon thousands of dungeon denizens. It's a dungeon crawl, it's an RPG, it's funny, it's difficult, and it's extremely addicting. There are also weird penguin things with drills for noses called Diggles. At least one of them will kill you. The game cost me a grand total of $5 and I've played it over 30 hours in only a couple weeks. Get it.

I'm going to be posting again after I spend some time with the bounty of products coming out today and tomorrow. I'll be doing that later this week. THIS I DO VOW. And swear. And promise.  

2 comments:

  1. Elite strange separate item slot as well as a specific drop sequence. A group of elite four items slot, the superimposed layer Naifa Lan courage will append the fifth. These items trough fall out of the chance of rare equipment is different: the equipment slot 1 and 4 seems to have the same d3 gold probability of about 10% chance for rare items, equipment slots 2 and 3 basis swap rate seems to be associated , and have a very small chance of falling out of diablo 3 gold rare equipment, the equipment slot 3, there is a 50% chance not loot. The equipment slot 5 (Naifa Lan courage slot) always output 4 affixes yellow installed more rare equipment. buy diablo 3 gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letzten Monat wurde die Rogue-like Dungeons of Dredmor für PC und Mac veröffentlicht. Ich hasse den Begriff Rogue-like. Ich bin alt genug zu wissen, was es bedeutet, aber die Art von Spiel es beschreibt, ist wie ein Rückfall und bei weitem nicht populär genug, um eine wirkliche Bedeutung für die überwiegende Mehrheit der jüngeren Spieler in der Welt haben. Jedenfalls ist Dungeons of Dredmor ein Spiel, wo Sie sich abgeschieden in einem Verlies mit sehr wenig in der Art des Geschichtenerzählens, warum und du erwartet, dass die ganz unten zu erreichen, wo man dann hoffentlich den Kerker Besitzer, ein besonders unangenehm erschlagen Kollegen gehen unter dem Namen Dredmor.ffxvi gil kaufen
    gw2 gold

    ReplyDelete